English / French
law 1901 recorded upon the n°0913011571 at the Sous-Préfecture of
research group aims at opening new fields of interaction between sciences, arts
and humanities. The group has its origins in 1994 when it established a
Transdisciplinary network of researchers focusing on the nature of evolutionary
processes. The identity of the group is founded on both knowledge and human
experience as on the suggestion of the concept of plasticity. The latter is
considered to be the basic principle underlying the organization of any life
form, art or idea."
What does mean plasticity ? Which is the role of the Plasticians ?
We present the concept of plasticity as a new epistemological paradigm. An opened, transverse attitude opposing to the fragmentation of reality.
By our actions we foster:
- the rise of discoveries at the frontiers of their own discipline.
- any research work of transdisciplinary nature.
- the achievement of projects in science and epistemology.
- the questioning of the relationship between arts and science.
- considerations concerning the future of humanity, the foundations of thought or the various modes of apprehension of knowledge.
- creativity in all forms.
Our three key-words: Plasticity, Art & Science, Transdisciplinarity.
- the Science of the Art, November 4 - December 19, 2015. Theme of the sixth edition of
this biennial event: Memory. Please
have a look to the website concerning the Transdisciplinary Colloquium
singulières. Mémoires plurielles » standing at the
- RHUTHMOS : International & Transdisciplinary Research platform on Rhythms in the Sciences, the Philosophies & the Arts.
- Publication of the book “Writing and Plasticity of thought”, by MWD, Anima Viva Publishing House, 2013 (e-book publication), English translation & paper version will be published in 2015.
- “Perceptive levels in plants : a transdisciplinary challenge in living organism’s plasticity”, Chap. of book of M-W Debono in Transdisciplinary Education, Philosophy & Applications, B. Nicolescu & A. Ertas editors, TheAtlas Publishing, USA, 2014, previously published in TJES/ Transdisciplinary Journal of Engineering & Sciences, Dec. 2013
- Neurosciences, Aesthetics & Complexity, Conference day organized by the Institut-Acte-CNRS, Centre Universitaire des Saint-Pères, Paris, September, 28, 2013.
- Return to basics, a documentary realized by
Joël Calmettes about the genesis of the works of art of the painter
Gérard Garouste, diffused on
FPR-UCLA Interdisciplinary Conference : Culture, Mind, and Brain:
Emerging Concepts, Methods, Applications,
- OnlineCollegeClasses is an open courseware project promoting educational material for students, spanning from video lectures given by professors of Yale, ebooks, podcats,
e-reviews, or learning languages resources that PSA supports.
Symposium of Osteopathy and Transdisciplinarity, presided by the Pr.
Yves Coppens at the Superior School of Osteopathy of
- Call for contributions at the Conference Osteopathy and Transdisciplinarity, org. Pr. Djilalli Hadjouis at the Superior School of Osteopathy, Paris, May, 24-26 2012.
- « Growing complexities and adaptations of the hominid evolution », conference of human palaeontology & prehistory of the doctoral school of the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle organized by Anne Dambricourt Malassé, IPH, Paris, February, 8-10, 2012.
- Conference with diaporama « Musicality of the Vasarely plastic work of art » presented by Frédéric Rossille at the doctoral & post-doctoral seminar « Music and Plastic Arts– Interactions », Maison de la Recherche, Sorbon University, Paris, June 18, 2011.
- Magnifi’Science : After his success at the Palais de la Découverte, the photograph Jacques Honvault exhibits at Art-Science heart at the IUFM of Rouen January 31-February 23 2011, at the University of Troyes, March 4-8, at the Lille Art Fair, March 24-27, at the Gallery Images de fer, rue de seine, Paris, March 28-April 30. Book published: ESSciENCE DES CHOSES including a paper published by the author in our Journal PLASTIR N°21. Some photos will go after in the French Alliances in China.
- Griseries : multimedia exhibited at Creative ArteTV by ChemindesSens since February 2011: The poetry of Marc-W. Debono is mixed with the chronological pictures of Isabelle Chemin on the thema of the evolution of human thinking. Event created for the year 2000.
- The nignt of philosophy at the ENS that happens in June 4-5, 2010 is now on the web in high definition with OHNK production: 48 speakers like Etienne Klein, André Gluksman, Michel Bitbol, Robert Misrahi, Frédéric Worms, Raphaël Enthoven, Jean-Pierre Dupuy, Catherine Clément, Francis Wolf…
- Ontogenetic and archaeological Approach of the psychomotor behavior of the current and fossil Hominids: continuity, emergence, disappearance: Seminar of the human palaeontology and prehistory Doctoral school of the national Natural History Museum of Paris on the origins and the evolution of man organized by Anne Dambricourt, at the amphitheatre of the Institute of Human Palaeontology, Paris 75013, 10-12 May, 2010. Seminar largely opened to the public.
- Science & Art : two different worlds ? Exhibition & conferences presented by the association Puls*Art. Frédéric Rossille will contribute to the exhibition by diffusing the diaporama « Hommage to Vasarely »: 19 au 30 mars 2010 at the UFR of Sciences of the University Versailles St Quentin, France.
- Aesthetics, positions and philosophical, epistemological bases of Complexity, Cycle of conferences ISC-ECEM, March 17 to June 9, 2010. Lecturers: Louis-Jose Lestocart, Valery Grancher, Zoi Kapoula or Michel Bitbol.
- L’Epissure des Mots. - Display of the book and of a video in LSF of an extract of the book at the 22ème Festival du livre de Mouans-Sartoux by Isabelle Chemin, illustrator of the book and director of the video. Work of art diffused at the galerie de la Biennale Internationale des Poètes : October 2-4, 2009.
- L’Extimement Lié.. Exhibition of paintings by Patricia Proust-Labeyrie at the Centre Culturel François Mauriac in Bouliac (Gironde) : June 5-7 2009.
- Jung and the Sciences, International Congress organized by the CEPSY at the Free University of Bruxelles, March, 21-22, 2009, with the contributions of H. Weiss, J-M Crabbe, M-W Debono, J-L Legrand, B. Marchal, T. Diamantis, J. Viret, M. Cazenave, F. Dendoncker. Organizers: C-Y Baum & J. Cahen-Morel. Disciplines : Human Sciences, Neurosciences, Physics, Psychoanalyse. See Program, Publication at E.M.E. Editions, Belgium, October 2009.
- Darwin and the Science of Evolution, film diffused at the Museum National d’Histoire Naturelle during the Darwin’s Bicentenary on March 14, 2009: realisation V. Winckler (2002), production: Trans Europe Film /Arte /CNRS Images media. Adapted from the book of P. Tort; Scientific Consultants: A. Dambricourt & G. Lecointre.
- " Beyond Appearances ", Patricia Proust-Labeyrie's recent works : Nov. 14th till Dec. 13th, 2008 at the Gallery François Mitterrand, Saint Seurin on the Isle (France).
- Art & Science Day « The physical time and the biological time », organized by D. Schoevaert & S. Diner, Paris Sud Univ., aboard the barge Opera Nov., 2008.
- Transdisciplinairy Regards on Consciousness and Unconsciousness: colloquium organized by the CIRET on December 10, 2007, Palais du Luxembourg (Paris).
Also in the NEWS: several other international congresses are announced: Building the Scientific Mind, Philosophical implications of contemporaneous sciences, etc…
Since antiquity, plastir has meant working, modeling, taking on the shape or giving it. This will be the name of our new review which symbolizes the various attributes of plasticity....
We do not ask for regular contributions but we need you as member of PSA. We already called upon sponsors for the organization of events from time to time. All gifts or spontaneous financial support for the actions of the group are welcome. Sponsors and active members support our actions and are invited to participate to the meetings and conferences we organise. They are also invited to collaborate to common projects planned during restricted meetings.